Fly Ride Spain Pyrenees Mountains – Ride coast to coast along some of the most exciting roads in Europe
Starting from Barcelona, traverse the entire length of the Pyrenees Mountain range! with hundreds of miles of stunning twisty roads. With breath-taking scenery, fast sweepers, hairpin bends, technical twisty sections including many of the high mountain passes with spectacular panoramic vistas! Passing through numerous gorges, villages & valleys with time to relax and experience some of Spain’s and France’s famous hospitality, weather, food, and culture.
This all-inclusive self-guided tour allows you to enjoy the Spanish and French Pyrenees at your own pace without a personal guide. It will also allow you to reach and experience some of the Pyrenees’ most amazing places at your own pace.
New to experienced rider ✓ Pillion ✓ Average daily distance 256 km / 160 miles ✓
8 days / 7 nights hotel accommodation ✓
Self-guided or Guided tours throughout the year from Barcelona ✓
All inclusive Prices: Tour, Bike Hire & Hotels
BMW G 650 GS: € 1,471
BMW R1200GS LC: € 1,727
- All prices are based on a Single rider sharing a twin room € 895 + bike hire depending on make and model (if sharing with a friend/or we have a rider wanting to share)
- Single rider own room supplement add € 320
- Pillion add € 600
- We have many other bikes available see list below for other makes and models.
- This is a self-guided 8-day tour using our daily tour Gpx route/information pack Just choose your own dates on the booking form.
- Or you are welcome to join one of our group Guided tours, for the same price – dates listed below, with a slightly different itinerary as we sometimes reverse the route.
- We are also able to offer private guided tours for groups or individual riders, please email us for a quotation.
- Guided tour dates 2019 – 8-day tour
- April 28th – 6th May
- June 30th – 8th July
- Sept 8th – 16th
Hire bike list 2019/20 – early booking is recommended to guarantee your first choice of bike. Low seats are available and some bikes have been lowered.
- We are located in Barcelona – Just 2 minutes walk from a main station near the center. So very easy to get to from the Barcelona Airport El Prat (BCN)
- You can either collect your bike the evening before or in the morning of Day 1 of the tour or even request delivery to your hotel free of charge. Please Advise time of collection and return (we can sort this out when we know when you are arriving/staying)
- Before the tour, we will send you the link and password, to the Rider Information page. We also send via email the tour satnav GPX files and tour PDF, which contains hotel info, and also information on Riding in Europe and what to bring/pack.
- The hotels in Barcelona are not included before the start of the tour and after the tour finishes. As it depends on when you would like to arrive the length of stay and your budget plus distance to the center of the city.
- On arriving in Barcelona we recommend the NH Numancia hotel which is a good choice as it’s near the center and easy to get to from the airport plus only a short from our base.
- We also recommend the Ibis or the Holiday Inn. Both are located in Molins del Rey, which is outside the city but has a line into the center and not too far from the airport 15 minutes by taxi. Also, there are a few good restaurants/bars which are open until late nearby for something to eat in the old town center.
Day 1 – Barcelona to Sort – leaving the coast behind our route takes us up into the Pyrenees mountains, winding our way through valleys, gorges, and villages. Stopping at Cardona castle and a bite to eat. After a rest its time to continue through the mountains. Stopping in the evening at the hotel in time for a cold beer and tapas! 257 km / 160 miles
Day 2 – Sort to Jaca – After breakfast, today’s route zigzags through the mountains with many interesting things to see along the way including deep gorges, castles, abandoned villages. Plus more perfect, smooth twisty roads with stunning views. Crossing from Catalonia into Aragon stopping at the hotel in the evening. 318 km / 198 miles
Day 3 – Jaca to the Cantabrian mountains – After a look around Jaca castle its time to continue on towards the Valles Occidentales natural park and into the Cantabrian mountains along some of the best twisty mountain roads! Stopping for the evening at the hotel in the mountains. 217 km / 135 miles
Day 4 – Cantabrian mountains – Day off Choice of routes down into San Sebastián, Either small roads through the Aiako Harria natural park or the main road. San Sebastián is set on the north coast of Spain. The old Quarter’s narrow winding streets are full of bars and restaurants specializing in seafood and tapas. 114 km / 71 miles
Day 5 – Cantabrian mountains to Lourdes – After breakfast, our route follows the twisty mountain roads, crossing the border into France. Passing through the Aiako Harria and the Pyrenees national parks. Stopping overnight in Lourdes France. 239 km / 148 miles
Day 6 – Lourdes to Andorra – Today’s route continues through the mountains following some of the best high mountain roads. Up and over many mountain passes, as used in the “Classic Climbs of the Tour de France“. Before crossing the border into Andorra, stopping for the night at our hotel in the small city with its many good bars, restaurants, and shops. 318 km / 198 miles
Day 7 – Andorra to Girona – Continuing through the mountains our route today winds down towards the coast. Passing through the Pyrenees national park along the way. Our hotel for the night is located near the old historic center of Girona. Great for a walk around in the evening, plus plenty of good tapas bars and restaurants to choose from. 270 km / 168 miles
Day 8 Girona to Barcelona – Last but not least, today’s route takes us along the stunning winding coast road with plenty of places to stop for a photo, drink or a bite to eat. Before heading back to Barcelona to the hire shop. Please arrange with the shop drop off time, or please advise in advance If you wish to extend. 173 km / 107 miles.
Tour Leader Jay is a superb moto rider and mechanically knowledgeable. He has clearly invested many hours developing fantastic tour routes and selecting a neat variety of hotels. The small group size and Jay’s logistical planning resulted in efficient travel and enabled everyone to ride at their desired pace. Most importantly, Jay’s positive attitude, helpfulness, and constant smile made for a most pleasant experience.
Aiden & Rebecca
” We had a great time on the Pyrenees tour, it was my partner’s first bike tour, she can’t wait to do it again, many thanks to overland motorcycle tours.”
Overland Motorcycle Tours met us at the outgoing ferry and guided us along the best roads the Pyrenees have to offer. All the hotels were excellent with consideration for secure parking. GPS routes are provided so you can find your own way if you prefer. Lunch stops away from tourist areas and interesting visits along the way enhanced the experience. You do need to be ready for some fairly long days in the saddle but it is well worth the effort. Thanks to Jay and Alan. Recommended.
Fantastic tour organized by Jay. Excellent coordination and planning resulted in a thoroughly enjoyable 8 days riding through the Pyrenees across numerous, beautiful mountain passes and flowing valley roads. All the hotels we stayed in were excellent with secure parking for our bikes.
Two of our group (including myself) opted to go via Brittany Ferries on our own bikes, which worked really well with a relaxing night in a comfortable cabin. Fly & ride also an option.
By far the best and easiest way to enjoy the best roads in the Pyrenees thanks to Overland’s choice of routes, which Jay has gone to great efforts to perfect! Many thanks